It is absolutely vital that you take Strict care of the tattoo for the first 45 days of getting it. This is the only way that you’r tattoo will remain in it’s best shape and infection free. What i suggest below is base on my experience and what has worked for me, my friends and my clients.
- Once done with the tattoo, apply Neosporin gel or Silverex. These are antibacterial ointments.
- Apply 3 to 4 times daily for 4 days, always keeping the tattoo moist. Do not let the tattoo dry, else the color will fade.
- Wash the tattoo thrice daily. Don’t let it soak too long in water. Remember its a wound and needs to be kept clean. Don’t go swimming for 45 days.
- Avoid exposing the tattoo to any kind of heat, like strong sunlight, hot water….etc. for 45 days
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a week from getting tattooed.
- After the 4th day the tattoo will start to dry, at this point switch to Coca butter or olive oil, 4 times daily for 45 days. This will relieve the itchiness and nourish the tattoo.
- Don’t scratch at the tattoo or peel the scabs that form, you will cause infection by doing so.
- Never apply any form of Petroleum jelly on the tattoo, these are tattoo killers.